Last week students presented their projects to reflect how Spanish is used beyond the school setting. Some students shared how they had “discovered” Spanish in our own community, while others engaged with social media to learn new vocabulary thru pictures and others chose to use technology via a free app to acquire vocabulary.
In the past two weeks students have:
- learned the Spanish alphabet and practiced spelling simple words
- discussed and identified cognates
- used a variety of nouns
- classified masculine and femine nouns
- used and practiced basic greetings and introductions
- interpreted information by reading about the Dominican Republic’s national dance
- practiced some basic Merengue’s steps
- engaged with technology using the Supersite to reinforce vocabulary and skills
- created free accounts on Quizlet to practice vocabulary
This week Spanish 1 students will continue to refine previously acquired vocabulary and Cambridge Pre-AICE 1 students will say and spell new words, count from 0-30 and identify pronouns.