This week we will review vocabulary and grammar concepts learned during the first semester using in-class projects. Students will have the option to choose either an individual project or a partner project. Each project will provide an opportunity to demonstrate student’s proficiency level while also showcasing creativity and personal learning styles. All projects will be due on Monday, January 12th. Homework will not be assigned this week.
Cambridge Pre-AICE 1:
Semester one is now history, but as we begin a new semester students will need to review vocabulary and grammar concepts learned during the first semester. This week students will work collaborative to create an in-class group project to demonstrate their proficiency level. Scripts for this project will be due at the end Friday’s class period and presentations will take place on Monday, January 12th. Homework will not be assigned this week.
As we approach the date (Saturday, January 17, 2015), for our field trip, please make sure that any outstanding balances are paid in full by Thursday, January 8th. Also, take a few minutes to read some important guidelines and tips:
- Remember: there needs to be an academic focus to this trip. Although I want you to have fun with your friends, you must also remember that there will be assignments to complete and that these will be graded.
- You must arrive at school at 6:45 A.M. We will meet in front of the main building at 6:45 A. M. Departure is 7:15 AM. WE WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU! IF YOU DON’T SHOW UP THERE IS NO REFUND.
- You will be riding my bus and you may not ride on another bus with your friends.
- You may bring your cell phone and other electronic equipment on the trip; however, you are fully responsible for those items.
- We will be leaving EPCOT at 8:30 p.m. All students must be on the bus ready to go by 8:45 p.m.
- All students will be required to check in with me at 3:30 p.m. in front of the American Experience Pavilion. There is a stage area next to the lagoon — this is where we will be. We will be there for 10 minutes.
- Plan ahead for meals! We will be arriving at the park at around 9:00 a.m. and we will not be stopping for breakfast on the way. Don’t show up with an empty stomach. You may also want to pack a sack lunch so you do not have to purchase two meals in one day.
- Wear sunscreen. We will be out in the sun all day and you will get sunburned- protect yourself.
- You will wear your EPCOT T-Shirt. Dress comfortably, yet appropriately. Remember this is a school field trip. Check the weather as the weather is unpredictable
- If you and your friends want to eat in a restaurant, do your research and book reservations before the trip. Many restaurants will already be booked if you wait until we get there. If you go to Dining Reservations you can find information about the restaurants, price ranges, and whether or not they suggest reservations.
- Have fun!